Sunday, May 24, 2009

Early Cupcake Tuesday Post


Weekends...who doesn't love them?

Clarice Bean and Zhi Hui (my two best friends) met for the first time on Saturday and we had a sleep over. 
We munched on these delicious cupcakes Zhi Hui baked, a "FUCK IT" cupcake, a "MDMA" cupcake and a "OH WOW" cupcake (all beautifully Skins inspired). Unfortunately, the MDMA one didn't turn out so well, but see above for a pic of the other two.

In true Clarice Bean style, and in perfect Zhi Hui style, we (mostly Zhi Hui though) added to Clarice Bean's list of things she loves by glow stick light. She has a list book and writes whenever she feels like it of all the things she loves. So far, it contains 390 things. I think Zhi Hui wrote 85 things. And I've probably written about 100. Loverly Clarice has a way of coming up with these little things that make you think oh wow I really love that too.

For example...
1. I love when you know a piece of music so well you don't have to look at the music cuz your hands know the way
2. I love when you read a really good book so fast all you can remember after you finish is the fact that it was a REALLY good book
3. I love early morning bird calls
4. I love songs that you remember that moment you were listening to it last! (this happens to me all the time and I love it!)
5. I love sax solos

And Zhi Hui's were so (here's my new fav word) FEARLESS and happy and perfect that I fell asleep in a happy daze.

We have exams coming up this week, but I am not too stressed about it actually. I'm just happily existing.

Illusion of Control--a poem by Story People. 
If you hold on to the handle, she said, it's easier to maintain the illusion of control. But it's more fun if you just let the wind carry you.

I hope everyone had a great weekend...I have decided that I love weekends more than sock washes and the pamper pole combined...♥ 

Lots of love,
Erimentha

p.s. Some songs which are good include:
*Gap, by the Kooks
*Everybody Knows, by Lennon Cohen
*Midnight Bird, by Clare Bowditch