Wednesday, July 21, 2010

& this is fact not fiction

Photobucket
"Humans are made from the nuclear ash of dead stars. When I die, I’ll return to dust, glitter, rain. If that's true, I want to be buried right here under this tree. Its roots will reach into the soft mess of my body and suck me dry. I’ll be re-formed as apple blossom. I’ll drift down in the spring like confetti and cling to my family’s shoes. They’ll carry me in their pockets to help them sleep. What dreams will they have then?"--Jenny Downham, from 'Before I Die'

Photobucket
"'Please', she begged, 'just tell me that everything will be okay.' 'But, I don't lie.' The boy replied. 'Just this once,' pleaded the girl, 'just this once, lie for me.' 'Okay,' he said, 'everything will be okay.' But the girl did not believe him. And she began to cry. 'I don't feel any better,' she whispered, 'why don’t I feel any better?' 'Because everything is not okay yet,' the boy whispered back. 'I don’t lie, and everything is not okay.'"

sources; here & here