Friday, September 3, 2010

come with me, my love, to the sea of love



If you ever want a (mental) break (down), I recommend country town NSW.


There is somethings absolutely refreshing about going away from reality and coming back again. Every day we went to some beautiful headland, cliff, river, town, beach, and it was just so nice to spend so much time with my family!
I took a waterproof disposable camera (best $6 op-shop buy ever), and I am so excited about seeing how they turned out! This is actually the most excited I've been all year about something!
And now that I am back in Melbourne, all my previous worries, problems, seemed to have melted into this beautiful dealable pile, & I love how it's getting sunnier and it's almost holidays and my puppy is snuggling next to me right now. . .
& now to my sea glass rant....
I started collecting sea glass again while I was away. And it made me reflect on why I love it so much. It's because it's what I picture pain/suffering to be. At first it starts with this violent act, or carelessness, or perhaps just a mistake or bad luck, and then slowly, ever so slowly, the waves slowly tumble and wash the sea glass, gradually making the edges smooth again. Sometimes it's really hard and the glass gets slammed against rocks or sits at the bottom of the ocean, but after a long time, the glass gets washed up. And all the rough edges (the pain) have been worn away, and it's this beautiful shiny and crystal things. And it's smooth, but still a little bit rough, because you never completely forget your pain. And all the bits of sea glass are different, and colourful, and big or small. & I'm gonna collect it for the rest of my life, to remind me about pain, and how it's always there, and maybe each bit of sea glass can reflect some part of my life? I dunno, but what I do know it that sea-glass can turn into such a beautiful thing, that glitters in the light and feels rough to touch. A little reminder.

ps. when i develop my camera, i'm gonna make a flickr so you guys can have a look!