Monday, May 9, 2011

paintings from '08, a cage of birds & you.

I'm really happy tonight.
I think it's because I had a really good week last week. Friends were good, homework was manageable and work was fun.

All last week I was so angry at my parents. Sometimes my mum just says the dumbest and most hurtful things. But since the weekend we've been getting on just swell. Mum and I are both buying discounted bras from Victoria Secret and I think we're going out for breakfast before my Dr's appointment on Friday. We've tots bonded baby.

I think it's because my grandpa has recently been put into a nursing home. I have tried to be as supportive as I can because it makes her really upset. When we saw him on Sunday we hung my painting of a peacock on his wall and he told me that was his favourite animal (which I already knew). We also hung a photo of his mother from when she was 12 in Sri Lanka. He loved it. He has dementia so he repeats things over and over and gets very confused. The nurses told him he had to be in the nursing home because my grandma is in hospital, which is a lie. I felt so awful when he asked what hospital. I don't know why we can't just tell him that she can't look after him anymore.

When we left I gave Mum a kiss on the cheek because I knew it was hard for her. And ever since then she has been really nice. She even stopped on the way home to buy me a Big M which I had been craving since 9 o'clock in the morning.

I hope things remain like this for a while. I am content.
ps. thank you to clarice bean for her thoughtful text. i love people who text you just to say they care.