Monday, July 16, 2012

Coping mechanisms:

I spent today doing all my FNAPA's (favourite non-anxiety provoking activities). I walked to the train station and got breakfast at Lentil. I bought flowers for Hope (a beautiful little pink pot plant for $1.50, bargain!) and visited her in Warrandyte. I had two hot chocolates (one soy, one regular milk). I went to op-shops and second hand book stores and read a Greek play. I caught 2 trains and 3 buses. I turned my music up really loud and cleaned my room. I replied to all outstanding emails and Facebook messages (except for JJ & ZH). I bought a really cute blue crop top which I plan to wear clubbing on my 18th. I made a few promises and took deep breaths.
After taking some time out, life feels manageable again. It's funny how only 12 hours ago, living through the next minute was the worst thing imaginable and now I can't wait for the future. Is the solution to constantly seek things to look forward to?

"Better to die on your feet than live on your knees." --Aeschylus