Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Nothing changes but the mother fucking date.

"‘This is my suicide dress,’ she told him. ‘I only wear it on days when I’m afraid I might kill myself if I don’t wear it.’ ‘But you’ve been wearing it everyday since we’ve met,’ he said."

Denver Butson, What She Was Wearing

"Septimus has said, 'I will kill myself'; an awful thing to say. Suppose they had heard him? She looked at the crowd. Help, help! she wanted to cry out to the butchers' boys and women. Help!"

Virginia Woolf, Mrs Dalloway



"She had a right to his arm, though it was without feeling...they were standing by the river, and he looked at it with a look which she had seen in his eyes when a train went by, or an omnibus - a look as if something fascinated him; and she felt he was going from her and she caught him by the arm."

 Virginia Woolf, Mrs Dalloway

"The trick to overcoming depression and suicidal tendencies is to have something to live for. You might feel mature and grand (since suicide seems so mature and grand), but in reality, these thoughts warp your mind and make you anything but. Keep going so you can say;‘look at how far I've come’ not,‘goodbye all.’"