Thursday, August 23, 2012

Enough is enough.


This will be my last post about my ex. In fact, I have made a promise to myself: I will not write about her for an entire month. Spoken word only. She plays too frequently on my mind. It's time to move on. Regardless, here goes my final words on the subject...

Diary entry from 22nd--28th of August 2011:
Top 5 moments of the week:
* snuggling up with P on Classics Camp

Really? A whole year of loving her? I remember that moment clearly. We lay on the couch in front of the fire, C and Marty talking softly. I fell asleep against her, swaddled in blankets. I remember feeling so comfortable, so able to be myself. That's how I first knew that I was in love with her in Borneo.


I guess it's a pretty unique situation. Who sleeps with someone every night for a month before they get together? And by sleep, I mean literally sleeping ('to take the rest afforded by a suspension of voluntary bodily functions and the natural suspension, complete or partial, of consciousness'). I guess after that, and a few cheeky traumatic events, everything else seemed like child's play. If we can get through not wanting this, we can get through anything.
I hope she realises what she's lost. Because I'm going to get better, I know it. I have beautiful friends, a good plan for the future and I'm leaving a truly exquisite legacy in my path.