Friday, September 21, 2012

Can you tell that I worry very well?


Sometimes I think of the days way back before the hurt crept in and tainted that household name 
And the lyrics of a thousand songs couldn't paint a picture so beautiful 
(she had me from my first conversation with her)
See nobody was ever as clever, still can't figure how the put it together
She broke my heart on the river.

And I can't write about the break up, been numb for too long
Everyday is life a breakdown, can't seem to move on.


Business as usual
Her coping mechanism
Finds comfort in the fact
That others still find her beautiful


Lovers revert to strangers
They don’t even speak

The king of the blues
The queen of the street
Now the kingdom lies in ruins
Break-up songs on repeat.


And whether I like it or not, I think a part of me will never give up this fight because:
There's nothing like you and I, no there's nothing like you and I...
you know you will always be my first and most wonderful love.