Thursday, February 21, 2013

a list for my god-mother and first love.

 
 “Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.” --Edna St. Vincent Millay
 
Things you've missed:
-High school graduation (it's all for you)
-Postcards from Europe (5031 and 3070 respectively)
-Three star tattoos on my left arm (in Andorra no less)
-Moving out all by myself (cannot wait to have a minimalistic room)
-The moment when recovery became a three letter word (I-love-you)
 
“I will love you as a thief loves a gallery and as a crow loves a murder, as a cloud loves bats and as a range loves braes. I will love you as misfortune loves orphans, as fire loves innocence and as justice loves to sit and watch while everything goes wrong. I will love you as a battlefield loves young men and as peppermints love your allergies, and I will love you as the banana peel loves the shoe of a man who was just struck by a shingle falling off a house. I will love you as a volunteer fire department loves rushing into burning buildings and as burning buildings love to chase them back out, and as a parachute loves to leave a blimp and as a blimp operator loves to chase after it.”
—Lemony Snicket