Sunday, April 14, 2013

Come back, be here.

 
One of my more normal problems at the moment is that one of my close friends is living overseas. By normal, I mean it would make anyone feel bad, sad, upset etc. Quite a few of my friends live overseas actually (Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, China). I miss Lozza a lot.
 
It seems to cruel that we got closer and closer as the geographical distance between us grew. Not even that, we got closer and closer as 2012 progressed, as we marched into such an uncertain 2013. I'm not sure when she gets home (selfishly I hope soon)...she is having a good time and learning so much about herself, so maybe she could stay for a while yet? Who knows.
 
I think she is one of my first close friends who doesn't share a medical condition, yet still validates my own. I really appreciate that. I keep telling her that she's too good for me. I don't think she believes me, but it's true. I'm so lucky to have her in my life. She asks questions, not just to be polite or as gossip. She understand my need for space  and my intense loneliness too.
 
I am blessed to share such a strong connection to all my friends, something which I so deeply wish I could express. Maddy Drehan often comments on this, she calls it my "soppy side". I can't help it, anyone who holds my hand as I cling to my mental cliff, deserves some serious soppy.