Friday, April 4, 2014

i'll walk forever with stories inside me that the people i love the most can never hear.


Hi there -

Just a small note just to say that it's been a hard week...today in particular has involved two separate crying breakdowns on the phone, lots of cuddles with my new arthritic pet dog and a batch of choc-chip cookies for tea. So I guess in these hard times, it's important to remember the following...

Favourite recovery mantras (April):
-This too shall pass
-You have time
-Be kind to yourself
-I am more than the worst thing that has ever happened to me
-You have people in your life who deeply care about your wellbeing and future health and aspirations
-It's okay to feel overwhelmed, sad or exhausted; these are all symptoms of living in a busy modern world
-Treat yourself as if a child; spoil her, be warm and forgiving, and always respect her boundaries

Hopefully over the weekend I can remember to be kind to myself but also try and get a few things done. I need to start a few small assignments for uni, write to a friend in the UK and spend time on job applications. Life has a knack of carrying on without your permission, forever dragging you forward into the land of the living. We're getting there.

With blessings, E. x