Monday, March 16, 2015

my strange and self-abuse is the initiate fear that wants hard use.



Soppy / ‘soph / , adj., -pier, -piest.
1. Soaked, drenched, or very wet: soppy ground; soppy weather.
2. Colloq. too sentimental; mawkish; silly – soppiness. n.

-

I believe that there is a profound difference between shame and guilt. I believe that guilt is adaptive and helpful - it's holding something we've done or failed to do up against our values and feeling psychological discomfort.
I define shame as the intesely painful feeling or experience of believing that we are flawed and therefore unworthy of love and belonging - something we've experienced, done, or failed to do makes us unworthy of connection.
I don't believe shame is helpful or productive. In fact, I think shame is much more likely to be the source of destructive, hurtful behaviour than the solution or cure. I think the fear of disconnection can make us dangerous.

source.

-

Maybe we exist as language and when someone dies
they are unworded.
―Bob Hicok

No comments: