Tuesday, March 3, 2015

writing is a way of getting rid of shame.


“Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovative, creative and change. To creative is to make something that has never existed before…there’s nothing more vulnerable than that.”

Hi Salzman,

I'm writing to let you know that I won't hand in my essay today on the deadline. I absolutely should have contacted you earlier to chat about alternative arrangements but I feel just been feeling so ashamed of my illness and frustrated that it continues to effect my study so profoundly.

I have already forgone the online quiz and I think it is reasonable to lose all marks for that section because it has closed and I should have contacted you sooner. However is there a possibility for an extension for the major essay? I would be able to finish it by next Monday, possibly Friday if required.

Sorry in advance for not applying for an extension earlier and not proactively discussing this with you. My enjoyment of the subject and respect for you made it much more difficult to let you know or speak up and I guess that's an issue I'll have to get better at. Long term illness can be incredibly frustrating to negotiate the labels and ideas people have about you with the level of understanding and sensitivity you require.

Kind regards, Erimentha

**